College / Career Resources
Senior Sessions 2021/2022
Q & A with Local College Representatives (live presentation - no slideshow)
Alternatives to College (live presentation - no slideshow)
College and Life After High School - Presentation for parents/guardians from September 30th.
VSAC Financial Aid Resources:
Here are 2 options for comparing financial aid award letters:
- Senior Calendar
- College Application Checklist
- Transcript Release Form
- Request for MMU Teacher Recommendation
- Junior Calendar
- Naviance Student
- Scholarships (Active scholarships can be found on Naviance)
- College Visits (Visit information located on the Student Services calendar and in Naviance )
- Common Application Website
- Vermont Dual Enrollment Program
- VT State Colleges Pathways for High School Students
- Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- VSAC Scholarships for Vermonters for 2021-2022. Submission deadline has passed.
COLLEGE HOSTED EVENTS:
Bates, Davidson, Oberlin, Occidental - Student Program - offered on 9/29, 10/13, and 10/26
Amherst, Bowdoin, Carleton, Pomona, Swarthmore, Williams, and you - Shared virtual admissions events beginning 9/21. Six Colleges
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor. Virtual events for Vermont Students: Students can register for either of the event dates below.
- Monday, October 18th, 4-5pm Eastern Time. Registration link: https://
- Thursday, October 21st, 4-5pm Eastern Time. Registration link: https://
College Testing Information
AP Exams (2022 registration info for MMU students coming soon)
Prepare for SAT success with the Official SAT Practice at Khan Academy
SAT Bootcamp has helped hundreds of students perform better on this high-stakes test through our four-hour workshop.
Career Resource Links
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Burlington Technical Center
- Center for Technology, Essex
- Hannaford Career Center (Adult Education in VT)
- Lincoln Technical Institute
- Northern Vermont AHEC (Area Health Education Center)
- Vermont Department of Labor
- Vermont HITEC (Healthcare & Information Technology Education Center)
- VSAC (Vermont Student Assistance Corp)
- Vermont Works for Women
- VYCC (Vermont Youth Conservation Corps)
Technical Education Centers
Burlington and Essex Technical Center Student/Parent/Guardian Resource - Get answers to questions about our vocational programs with links to upcoming and pre-recorded virtual program tours and information on how to apply.
Northern VT Area Health Education Center - Explore health career resources for high school students.
Husky Summer Institute: High school Juniors and Seniors: Do you want to begin your career in Advanced Manufacturing through a PAID internship with a top employer? Husky Summer Institute could be perfect for you! Visit Vermont HITEC for more information and to apply.
Career Related Testing
ASVAB Career Exploration Program: The ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) is not just "that Military test".
While the results of the ASVAB can be used by students interested in military service, it is much more than a military program. Test results are NOT released to recruiters.
Students that take the ASVAB are provided a full spectrum of career opportunities regardless of gender, ethnicity, or ability level and can explore occupations in line with their interests and skills as well as develop effective strategies to realize their career goals.
Students in grades 10-12 that are interested in taking the test should contact their school counselor.
The ASVAB will be given at MMU on Thurs., October 28th at 8:30 am. Please stop by Student Services or let your counselor know if you want to be signed up to take the test. The test will be given in the MMU computer lab and is scheduled for 3 hours, though some students may finish sooner.